Top 10 Most Unique and Picturesque Wedding Destinations of the World
A wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event and the most crucial milestone in a couples’ life. And many couples are looking for ways on how to make their big day extra special. That’s why we bring you the top ten most unique and picturesque wedding destinations around the world!
Best During Summer Season:
1. St. Regis Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi – Imagine saying your “I do’s” while suspended 255 meters in the air! Here, you can have your intimate wedding on Middle East’s highest active helipad! It’s not for the faint-hearted. But how romantic can you get while watching the sun setting into the Persian Gulf?
2. Lake Como, Italy – Lake Como is a favorite spot among foreigners. Because it provides a mix of historic, chic, and luxurious wedding venue styles. You and your guests can take a lovely lake cruise to have a photoshoot after the ceremony.
3. Huvafen Fushi, Maldives – Truly one of the most picturesque wedding destinations, it offers turquoise seas to hold your beach wedding. You can also opt to make your vows while sailing on an iconic 65ft handcrafted timber vessel. Not to mention, you can also do it under the sea while having exotic fishes as your witnesses!
4. Emerald Pool, Morne Trois Piton National Park, Dominica – 40-foot waterfall, emerald pool, and lush greens make a perfect backdrop to say your “I do’s”. Set amidst a UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will surely have a unique, mystical wedding here!
5. Santorini, Greece – Who would’ve known that a volcanic eruption in the 16th century BC will create a rugged, beautiful landscape in Satorini? As a result, it gives a beautiful backdrop of whitewashed houses clinging to cliffs above an underwater caldera (crater). This, indeed, makes it a very unique and picturesque wedding destination!
Best During Winter Season:
6. ICEHOTEL, Jukkasjärvi, Sweden – Talk about winter wedding wonderland! This is definitely one of the most picturesque wedding destinations in the world. Icehotel offers 35 hand-carved, themed art suites. And its main hall is spectacular with its chandeliers and ice columns.
7. Hotel Kakslauttanen Igloo Village, Finland – You can wed amidst snow & Aurora Borealis, under the midnight sun or in the autumn leaves season. Their latest reception venue, the Glass Igloo Tower, takes you 30 meters closer to the arctic sky and the northern lights!
8. The Underground Cavern — Wookey Hole Caves, Somerset, UK – Make your vows in a cave carved by the River Axe over millions of years. In addition, you’ll see clear pools and the most beautiful rock formations in England. Certainly, you’ll have a truly unusual and magical wedding here.
9. New York Public Library, New York City – Whether you’re a book lover or not, you will undoubtedly fall in love with this Iconic structure, which has a Beaux-Arts architecture dating back to 1895. Definitely, you will experience a classical wedding in a city that never sleeps.
10. Taj Lake Palace, India – It was built in 1743 and is now restored with 65 luxurious rooms and 18 grand suites. Uniquely located in the middle of a lake, it’s surely a very picturesque wedding destination. There’s no wonder why this world-famous hotel was once featured in a James Bond movie!